How taking Apple Cider Vinegar can benefit your health in AMAZING ways!
I am ALWAYS busy, I hardly ever slow down and don’t have the time to obsess over my diet and what I include in it every single day for the maximum health benefits they provide! I am very conscious of being healthy and I want to look after myself and my family, but to be honest, I just find it all a bit hard to fit in to the day to look after myself as well as I should – like most mums!! I could never eat as much of everything that they recommend in a day, I struggle to eat that much and to prepare all of the healthy meals people recommend for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don’t get me wrong, we eat very healthy, nutritious foods in our home and are mostly super healthy, but I am definitely not one to prepare a gourmet salad for myself for lunch every day. So I absolutely LOVE superfood ingredients that I can add very simply to my diet that have so many applications and health benefits in the one ingredient.
Apple cider vinegar is an old favourite superfood liquid of mine! My beautiful mum and my AMAZING Poppa have ALWAYS raved on about the hundreds of benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for as long as I can remember, and although I always knew that it was good for you, I had never really done the research myself that was required for me to fully understand and appreciate the literally hundreds of benefits that it offers!! Last year, I finally took the time to look in to it and was amazed by what I found! I have to admit, I was sceptical at first that it could do all these things that I had read about. How could one ingredient have so many health benefits?
See this great book for more information:
After all the extensive research I have done, I am totally convinced after seeing the literally thousands of people out there who attest to this miracle liquid! I even personally notice my energy levels are so much higher on the days when I drink it, if I am out for the day and accidentally skip it, I really notice myself feeling quite sluggish and lethargic! It is amazing that I notice the difference so much! I didn’t realise it could make such a difference!
It’s effective for pretty much anything—your skin, your hair, your house, and even your pets can benefit from its qualities. Raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized, apple cider vinegar has so many benefits that I will never have the time to list them all here, however I would love to give you an introduction to some of them, as I truly believe in the amazing benefits that it can have for your body and want others to be healthy too!
The starting dosage is 1 tablespoon in a big glass of water and you can slowly increase the dosage, a teaspoon at a time over several weeks, to 2 or even 3 tablespoons, if you find the increased dosage beneficial to your health.
Yes, it does taste a little sour, and the taste takes a little while to get used to, but when I know that something is such a good thing, I can easily tolerate it in order to gain all the hundreds of benefits of it! Plus, it’s important to train your taste buds to not expect everything to be sweet – this is what I am telling myself anyway!
If you really can’t handle it at the start, then try it with a drop of natural stevia, but using sugar or commercial honey to sweeten it will only feed the intestinal problems that Apple Cider Vinegar is used to treat.
Apple Cider Vinegar is made from apple juice and is fermented to hard apple cider. It’s then fermented a second time to become apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar can aid in weight loss: When you have an apple cider vinegar drink before a meal, as well as improving digestion, it will usually reduce your hunger levels as well, which can only be beneficial for losing weight. Once again, 1 tablespoon in a large glass of water before each meal is the recommended dosage. This can be sipped throughout the day. Data shows some limited, yet significant, weight loss benefits from sustained daily intake of acetic acid (which is a main ingredient in apple cider vinegar). In a 2009 study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, it was found that subjects that consumed acetic acid for 12 weeks experienced significant declines in body weight, abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides. Triglycerides contribute to the bad cholesterol that we want to avoid.
- Apple cider vinegar will balance your entire inner body system and assist with ridding the body of Candida and Normalize Intestinal Bacteria: The body constantly strives to achieve a state of equilibrium. Apple cider vinegar helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Research shows that higher acid levels (lower pH level) leads to a lack of energy and higher incidences of infection. I am always in need of more energy, so I drink it a few times a day for a natural boost of energy. Apple cider Vinegar is full of beneficial acids which are believed to help improve the structure of your intestinal flora. These include acetic acid and malic acid, which have antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties and can help control the spread of the candida fungus in your intestines, a common debilitating problem with many people’s high sugar levels. This vinegar is rich in natural enzymes that can help rid your body of Candida (yeasts that are attributed to thrush in humans). Candida also is blamed for creating symptoms of fatigue, poor memory, sugar cravings and yeast infections.
- Strengthen Your Immune System: Your intestinal flora are a big part of your body’s immune system. It makes sense then that improving the conditions for the growth of friendly bacteria with apple cider vinegar can help improve your overall immunity. The malic acid in apple cider vinegar is also a strong antiviral, perhaps one of the reasons people often say they experience fewer colds when they take apple cider vinegar in water daily.
- It can lower high blood pressure: Some animal studies have shown that it may lower blood pressure, it is theorised that apple cider vinegar increases nitric oxide production that helps relax blood vessels, or it may just have a generally beneficial effect on your cardiovascular system that, over time, naturally results in a lowering of high blood pressure.
- Improved Digestion: Drinking apple cider vinegar in water can help to naturally improve your digestion. Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a big glass of water around 15 minutes before a meal to stimulate digestive juices for better breakdown of your food. Real apple cider vinegar contains valuable minerals and trace elements, LDL cholesterol lowering pectin, fat burning acetic acid, anti-viral malic acid, live enzymes, amino acids and many other beneficial nutrients. When you drink apple cider vinegar regularly, ideally before each main meal, your digestion improves and you naturally begin assimilating more from your food. This can also reduce hunger and help with losing weight.
- Can prevent leg cramps and Restless Leg Syndrome: Sipping on an apple cider vinegar drink can increase low potassium levels in your body, which has long been a suspect in nighttime leg cramps and restless leg syndrome.
- It can prevent bad breath: The natural acids in real apple cider vinegar, like acetic and malic acid, can reduce the bacteria in your mouth that cause bad breath. Using apple cider vinegar for halitosis, you would make it a bit stronger than when drinking it. Add one tablespoon to a third of a cup of water and gargle it for around 20 seconds to minimize bad breath.
- It makes your hair shiny: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing that will boost your hair’s body and shine. You can recycle an old shampoo bottle and fill it with 1/2 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of cold water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing several times a week for dramatic results.
- It regulates the pH of your skin: Apple cider vinegar balances your skin’s pH levels and has long been recommended as a skin tonic. It can also help treat dermatological conditions like acne, especially when used both internally and externally regularly. Dilute Apple cider vinegar with two parts water, and spread this over your face with a cotton ball to use as a skin toner. Do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. A dab of apple cider vinegar can also be left on the skin overnight to fade age spots or acne scars.
- Wart Removal: It’s also a recommended agent for warts. For warts, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, then fasten the cotton ball over the wart with a Band-Aid overnight. The skin may swell and the wart may darken as it reacts with the solution and can possibly throb and be a little uncomfortable. However, the wart will fall off. Once it falls off, the treatment should be continued for a few more days, to make sure the wart doesn’t return. People swear that when freezing, duct tape, and other pharmacy bought treatments haven’t worked, that this has been the only thing to finally rid themselves of them.
- Regulate Blood Sugar and Aid in Diabetes: Apple cider vinegar is full of acetic acid which appears to slow down the digestion of simple carbohydrates, thus regulating blood sugar levels from the brief highs and longer lows of a high carb diet. The anti-glycemic effect of apple cider vinegar has been proven in several studies. Apple cider vinegar’s acetic acid has been shown to suppress the accumulation of body fat and liver lipids. Its pectin content is also thought to slightly reduce your body’s ability to absorb fat.
- It can remove stains from teeth: Rub the stained teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- It can help you detox: As part of balancing the body’s pH, apple cider vinegar creates an overall detoxification of the body. Research shows that it can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and help detoxify the liver. One tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a large glass of water before each meal is often recommended as an effective dosage for daily detoxification. Some detoxifying methods may use larger doses, though it’s best to build up to these over time.
- It can soothe sunburnt skin: Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath, and soak for 10 minutes to eliminate discomfort from sunburn.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural aftershave: Fill a bottle with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water, and shake before applying to the face.
- It’s an all-natural massage treatment: Rubbing apple cider vinegar on your hands and feet will give massage-like benefits and relief to tired hands and feet.
- It is great for your lymphatic system: This miracle vinegar helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanse the lymph nodes. Believe it or not, research suggests that apple cider vinegar can help with allergies because of its ability to reduce mucous and sinus congestion. When reducing the effects of allergies, it can also help stave off sinus infections and their related symptoms, such as sore throats and headaches.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can help you reduce Heartburn, Intestinal Problems and Constipation: Regular apple cider vinegar in water is believed to help correct low stomach acid conditions that leads to heartburn. Importantly, straight Apple Cider Vinegar is very strong and likely to be too powerful for heartburn sufferers, and especially those with ulcers, so make sure you dilute it well. It soothes the entire gastrointestinal tract, helping to prevent stomach cramps, bloating and gas. Apple cider vinegar can also be useful as a mild laxative to stimulate peristalsis in cases of occasional constipation. It should not have this effect if your bowel movements are already regular. Though it might seem like an oxymoron to treat stomach acid with acid-containing vinegar, there is research suggesting that apple cider vinegar works by correcting low acid, hence reducing heartburn. Natural remedy experts say you should begin to feel relief very shortly after taking a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar followed by a glass of water. Note that apple cider vinegar will not give relief if you have an ulcer.
- Can aid in curing eczema and psoriasis: With a simple solution of Apple cider vinegar. In a spray bottle, dilute a few table spoons of Apple cider vinegar with room temperature water and spray the affected area. It might sting for the first minute, but the results are worth it! In just a few days, eczema break-outs can completely vanish. This is all from a cheap, organic, 1 ingredient remedy. While the proper medical studies haven’t been conducted at this point, I have a friend who has a first-hand account of the treatment really working. After looking into the matter further, I discovered the massive amount of Apple cider vinegar success stories that were out there for this.
- The use of apple cider vinegar is effective in repelling fleas on your pets: One part vinegar and one part water can be sprayed on your pet’s fur and rubbed in generously to the skin. Saturate the entire coat, and continue every day for a few days to a week. Any flea infestation will surely be gone.
- It’s an all-natural room freshener: Apple cider vinegar will clean your toilets and leave your bathroom smelling like apples! Just pour apple cider vinegar into the toilet, and allow it to sit overnight. It can also be used in dishwashers as a substitute for dish detergent. Mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup water, and you can use this solution to clean microwaves, kitchen surfaces and windows.
Click on the picture or Affiliate link below to buy this BRILLIANT book on more uses for Apple Cider Vinegar to learn more and start feeling the benefits today!!
Fishpond offer free postage for our Australian friends too!
Other Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar: