These super easy, fast and yummy muesli bars are a favourite in our house! The kids just love them which I am very grateful for, as they are so easy, cheap and fast to make with hidden goodness!
Freezable: They freeze well, so they are fantastic to make in advance for the children’s lunch boxes.
Economical: So much cheaper than a box of 16 muesli bars.
Only 2 ingredients: Muesli and condensed milk!! More transparency of ingredients than store bought muesli bars that may have unknown nasties in them!
Easy: So easy to make that the kids can help too!
Fast: Just mix then pop in to the oven! Super fast for time poor or busy people!
Delicious: Tastes yummy but also has lots of hidden goodness with the oats, seeds, nuts and fruit.
2 Ingredient Muesli Bars
Makes: 16 bars
- 3 cups of muesli ( or a combined total of 3 cups of whatever muesli ingredients you wish, such as rolled oats, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, sultanas, dried apricots, pepitas, almonds and coconut – or chocolate chips for a treat if you wish, all roughly chopped and combined well (or for Thermomix users: all dry ingredients combined on Speed 4 for 5 seconds).
- 1 can (395g) condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 20 x 30cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine muesli and condensed milk well in a bowl (or for Thermomix users: Combine muesli and condensed milk in the jug, on speed 3 for 10 seconds).
- Press mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the top turns golden and feels firm.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for about 10 minutes to cool a little, and then cut into bars to allow to cool completely.
(The last batch I made was using a lovely apple, coconut and cinnamon muesli that I bought and they were super yummy! These were also great for me to eat on the run, rather than skip lunch on those crazy days!). I so hope you love them too!!!